In this guide, you’ll find average JCPenney salon prices along with the full services list. We break down every service these salons offer, how much they cost, and what’s included with each.
What Are JCPenney Salon Prices?
JCPenney stores are known nationwide for affordable pricing on both trendy and classic clothing. What you may not know, is that some of the stores have a JCPenney salon inside called The Salon by InStyle.
These hair salons offer a range of hair care services, including:
- Haircuts (men, women, and children)
- Hair styling
- Natural hair styling
- Color and highlights
- Perms and relaxers
- Hair treatments
The price of these services will vary by the salon you visit. But since JCPenney doesn’t franchise their salons, there’s limited pricing variation between different locations.
Salon franchises like Great Clips and Supercuts have more pricing variation due to franchise owners setting local prices. But JCPenney has a little more flexibility.
JCPenney salons charge as little as $25 for a haircut on short hair, $32 for a haircut and blowdry, and $42 for a haircut and blowdry done by a master stylist with additional training.
Color services start at $55 for basic, all-over color and range up to $110 for specialty color techniques like balayage or ombre. We’ve researched JCP salon prices to see what the high, low, and average prices are for each service they offer.
Keep reading to see a complete price list along with a service glossary that explains what is included with each service.
JCPenney Salon Prices
Prices at JCPenney salons are lower than industry averages. Nationwide, the average price for a haircut is around $53. Here, prices are much lower, with most haircuts costing somewhere in the range of $20 to $42.
We took average prices from New York, California, and Nebraska to give you a high, low, and average cost. Then, we dove into what each service includes so you can decide which services you might want to get.
The lowest-priced services at these salons are waxing services, starting at $8. The lowest-priced hair services at JCP salons are kids haircuts and add-on haircuts (which must be purchased with a chemical process service).
The most expensive services at JCPenney salons are the Chi Ultimate Blowout ($143 on average) and Chi Thermal Straightening treatments ($293 on average).
Overall, the prices at JCP salons range from as low as $0 (complimentary bang, neck, and moustache trims) to as much as $300. However, most services fall somewhere in the $20-$100 range. This is considered very affordable in the hair salon industry.
Note: When you see the Designer or Master designation with a service below, you’re seeing the price difference when stylists with different levels of training perform it.
Designer stylists have completed all regular training; master stylists have completed additional training. Not all JCPenney salons base their pricing on the training level of the stylist, so be sure to check with your local salon.
|Designer Haircut and Blowdry||$40||$32||$34.60|
|Master Haircut and Blowdry||$42||$42||$42|
|Designer Express Cut||$25||$22||$23|
|Master Express Cut||$32||$32||$32|
|Designer Clipper Cut||$20||$18||$18.60|
|Master Clipper Cut||$22||$22||$22|
|Add On Haircut||$20||$15||$16.60|
|Bang, Neck, Moustache Trim||$10||$0||$3.30|
|Add On Hot Styling||$10||$10||$10|
|Designer Shampoo Set||$30||$26||$27.30|
|Master Shampoo Set||$30||$30||$30|
|Designer Single Process Color||$65||$55||$58.30|
|Master Single Process Color/||$70||$70||$70|
|Designer Double Process Color||$95||$80||$85|
|Master Double Process Color||$95||$95||$95|
|Designer Accent Highlights||$20||$20||$20|
|Master Accent Highlights||$35||$35||$35|
|Designer Partial Highlights||$55||$45||$48.30|
|Master Partial Highlights||$60||$60||$60|
|Designer Full Highlights||$90||$75||$80|
|Master Full Highlights||$100||$100||$100|
|Relaxer with Color||$115||$90||$106.60|
|Chi Ultimate Blowout||$150||$129||$143|
|Chi Thermal Straightening||$300||$279||$293|
|Lip or Chin Wax||$8||$8||$8|
|Long Length Charge||$15||$10||$11.60|
|Deep Conditioning Treatment||$20||$15||$16.60|
|Moisture Loss Treatment||$20||$15||$16.60|
|Breakage and Strength Loss Treatment||$20||$15||$16.60|
|Dry Scalp and Dandruff Treatment||$25||$20||$23.30|
JCPenney Salon Services
Now that you’ve seen the price range for the hair care services you can get at JCP salons, let’s take a look at what those services include. Some come with complimentary extras, so be sure to read about the service you plan to get!
At JCP salons, you can get haircuts, hairstyles, hair color and highlights, waxing, and hair treatments. Each one of these services is customized based on the results you want.
Every visit to JCP salon will start with a short consultation with your stylist. This is when they’ll find out what look you’re going for, review any inspiration photos you brought, and explain how they’ll make it happen.
The better an understanding you have of the services you plan to get, the more prepared you’ll be for your visit! You’ll know if you’ll need to purchase any add-ons or pay any additional charges for hair length ($10-$15 for hair that reaches beyond the shoulders in most cases).
Then, review what’s included with each service below to learn more.
Haircuts always include a complimentary shampoo, condition, and blow dry unless otherwise noted. Currently, the Express Haircut is the only haircut option that doesn’t come with these extras.
Here are the haircut services offered at JCP salons.
- Haircut: Start with a shampoo and conditioner application and rinse before the haircut, then finish with a basic blow dry
- Short Haircut: Haircut for hair that is less than 4 inches long; includes shampoo, condition, and blow dry
- Clipper Cut: Any haircut using clippers only for a short, neat look; includes shampoo, condition, and blow dry (if needed)
- Kids Haircut: A haircut for kids ages 12 and under; includes shampoo, condition, and blow dry
- Add-On Haircut: A haircut you add on to any chemical service (color, highlights, perm, etc.); includes shampoo, condition, and blow dry
- Express Haircut: A faster haircut without the shampoo, condition, or blow dry to get you in and out fast
Hair Styling Services
When your hair length is already on point and you’re just looking for styling services, JCP salons have you covered. They offer basic and special occasion styling services, blowouts, and styling add-ons you can combine with other services to get the most bang for your buck.
- Shampoo and Style: Shampoo and condition with basic blow dry styling for a finished look
- Signature Blowout: Signature shampoo and condition with scalp massage followed by a hot towel treatment and full blowout styling
- Special Occasion Style: Braids, updos, and special occasion styles fit for weddings, proms, and more
- Add-On Hot Tool Styling/Ironworks: Add curling iron or flat iron styling to any other service for a reduced price
- Natural Styling: A variety of protective hairstyles for natural hair, including twists, wraps, silk press, bantu knots, cornrows, locs, and microbraids
Color and highlight services are very popular at JCPenney salons. You can opt for an all-over, single process color or get imaginative with balayage, ombre, or dimensional color options. Foil highlights (accent, partial, and full) are also available.
Here are the color services you can choose from at JCP salons.
- Single Process Color: One all-over hair color applied with expertise for a natural or vivid look
- Double Process Color: Start with lightening the hair with bleach to lift the color level, then tone with your desired color
- Color Correction: Corrective color applied to strip unwanted hair color, lift, darken, or tone existing hair color to get your desired results
- Accent Highlights: Up to 5 foils placed in strategic areas for subtle lightening
- Partial Highlights: Up to 20 foils placed in strategic areas for noticeable lightening
- Full Highlights: Highlights placed all over the head for an all-over lightening effect
- Dimensional Color: Two or more colors blended into the hair for a dimensional look
- Balayage Color: Hand-painted hair color or bleach to create a natural, sunkissed effect
- Ombre Color: Seamlessly blended hair color that transitions into a lighter or darker color for a bold effect
- Hair Gloss Shine Treatment: Seal and nourish the hair while locking in a temporary color boost to bring life back into any hair color
Other chemical services you can get outside of color and highlights are perms, relaxers, and keratin treatments. These treatments alter the shape or structure of your hair strands, making them curly or straighter.
Here are the chemical service offerings at JCP salons.
- Perm: Hair is rolled onto rods in the size that correlates with the size and shape of curl you want for permanent curls
- Relaxer: A chemical relaxer loosens and straightens natural curl for a shiny, frizz-free, and soft result
- Relaxer Touchup: A chemical relaxer applied only to grown out areas at the roots for a seamless finish
- Chi Ultimate Blowout: A smoothing treatment that infuses hair with pearl, cashmere, and silk protein for results that last up to 4 months
- Chi Thermal Straightening: A multi-step process that infuses hair with silk, protein, and hydration to remove existing curl and deliver shiny, soft results
Hair Treatment Services
For hair that is lacking moisture, shine, bounce, or strength, JCP salons offer a range of hair treatments that are designed to repair and improve the health of damaged hair.
Choose from the following hair treatment services.
- Clarifying Treatment: The 2-step Malibu treatment clarifies, then rebuilds hair with keratin for ultra-smooth results with no product buildup
- Deep Conditioning Treatment: Deep conditioning treatment coats the hair in a moisture-rich complex that adds shine, bounce, and softness to the hair
- Moisture Loss Treatment: Redken Hair Recovery treatment delivers tons of moisture to dry strands for hair that looks and feels healthier
- Breakage and Strength Loss Treatment: Redken Lengthen and Strengthen treatment fills in the gaps of damaged hair to create stronger strands that resist breakage
- Dry Scalp and Dandruff Treatment: Heals dry and flaky scalps with intensive moisture while removing buildup and adding shine
JCPenney salons also offer waxing services. Some salons will only wax eyebrows, lips, and chins, but make sure to ask your local salon. They may offer other waxing and tinting services as well.
- Eyebrow Waxing: A brief consultation with your stylist ensures you get the thickness and shape you want in your brows
- Lip Waxing: Wax application on the upper lip for hair removal and smoother skin
- Chin Waxing: Wax application on the chin for hair removal and smoother skin
- Eyebrow Threading: Some salons offer threading as an alternative to waxing
- Eyebrow Tinting: Subtly alter the shade of your brows with a temporary tint
- Body Waxing: Wax application in the desired area – not available in all locations
Visit a JCPenney Salon Near You
Haircuts that start at $20 for adults and balayage as low as $90? You’re probably thinking, “Sign me up!” You can visit a JCPenney salon near you to get almost any hair service for an affordable price.
Make your visit even easier by using the JCPenney app. You can check in for your appointment, schedule appointments, and manage your preferences in the app.
You’ll also receive coupons, alerts when it’s time for your appointment, and more. Just text the code APP to 527365 to download the JCPenney app on an Android or iPhone.
Still not sure JCPenney salon has the best prices for your budget? Check out our other price guides to see salons with even lower prices.