What Are Fantastic Sams Prices?
Wondering what Fantastic Sams prices are like for haircuts, colors, highlights, perms, and more? It’s hard to find accurate pricing info for these salons, and not all locations post their services and price lists online.
We made it our mission to find Fantastic Sams prices for a few locations across the nation and compile them into a quick pricing guide. We found out how much you can expect to pay for every service Fantastic Sams offers – haircuts, colors, highlights, perms, styles, waxing, and more.
It’s important to know how much your haircut, color, or other service will cost before you head to the salon. Just here for the “highlights?” Here’s a quick summary of the average Fantastic Sams pricing in locations across the U.S.
- Haircut with shampoo: $19
- Kids’ haircut: $14
- Color: $61
- Full highlights: $76-$86
- Perm: $58
- Shampoo + blow dry: $23
- Flat iron/curling iron style: $27
- Waxing: $11-$12
This is just a glimpse of what you can get done at Fantastic Sams. There are several more services offered at these salons than what’s listed here! We’ll go into more detail about those in just a bit.
For now, let’s take a closer look at pricing and how it varies by location. Is Fantastic Sams as affordable as its reputation says? We’re going to find out!
Fantastic Sams Prices
We’ve compiled Fantastic Sams prices from locations around the nation. To get a good sense of how much you can expect to pay at a location near you, we looked at prices from Fantastic Sams salons in the East (Reading, PA), Midwest (Bloomington, MN), and West (Orange, CA).
Here’s what we found out about Fantastic Sams pricing:
- The prices were lowest at the Eastern locations, with haircuts about $2 less than the nationwide average for this franchise salon chain.
- Prices at the Western locations were close to average in most cases, with a few being a dollar or two higher than the average.
- The Midwest locations tended to be more expensive for haircuts, perms, shampoo/sets, conditioning treatments, styles, and waxing.
- Kids’ cuts are typically $5 to $9 less than adult cuts, depending on the location.
- Adults will pay anywhere from $17-$21, or about $19 on average for a shampoo, haircut, and tousle dry. For a shampoo, cut, blow-dry, and style, expect to pay $32 on average.
- Kids will pay anywhere from $12-$15, or about $14 on average for a shampoo, haircut, and tousle dry. For a shampoo, cut, blow-dry, and style, expect to pay $28 on average.
- Some locations don’t offer the same services as others. This is because Fantastic Sams salons are part of a nationwide franchise, and all salon owners are independent franchisees.
- They choose the pricing and services offered at their own salons. For example, we noted that the Orange, CA salon did not offer waxing.
Take a look at how Fantastic Sams prices differ by location below. We’ve also averaged the prices for each service so you can see what price you can expect to pay for each.
|West Prices||East Prices||Midwest Prices||Average Price|
|Kids Precision Cut||$14||$12||$15||$14|
|Sam’s Cut Plus||$29||$25||$26||$27|
|Kids Cut Plus||$22||$16||--||$19|
|Sam’s Designer Cut||$34||$30||--||$32|
|Kids Designer Cut||$28||--||--||$28|
|Quick & Easy Perm||$55||$55||$64||$58|
|Sam’s Perm Plus||$72||$65||--||$68.50|
|Shampoo & Set||$22||$20||$30+||$24|
|Shampoo & Blow Dry||$20||$20||$30+||$23|
Fantastic Sams Services
Now that you’ve seen the average pricing at Fantastic Sams salons, you might have a few questions about the different services they offer. What’s a Sam’s Plus Cut? Never heard of a Designer Perm? No problem.
We’ve got the details on each service you can get at these salons and what’s included with each. Here’s an overview of what you can get done at most Fantastic Sams locations.
- Precision Cut: Includes shampoo, haircut, and tousle dry
- Kids Precision Cut: Includes shampoo, haircut, and tousle dry for kids 10 and under
- Sam’s Cut Plus: Includes shampoo, haircut, and blow-dry
- Kids Cut Plus: Includes shampoo, haircut, and blow-dry for kids 10 and under
- Sam’s Designer Cut: Includes shampoo, haircut, blow-dry, and style
- Kids Designer Cut: Includes shampoo, haircut, blow-dry, and style for kids 10 and under
- Quick & Easy Perm: Includes shampoo and perm only
- Sam’s Perm Plus: Includes shampoo, perm, and haircut
- Designer Perm: Includes shampoo, perm, haircut, and style
- Color: Includes single process color, full head application
- Color Retouch: Single process color touchup on 1 inch of growth or less
- Partial Highlights: Includes up to 25 foils
- Weaving/Highlights: Includes foils with full head application
- Shampoo & Set: Includes shampoo and roller set
- Shampoo & Blow Dry: Includes shampoo and blow dry straight
- Conditioning Treatment: Includes shampoo and Moisture Replenishing treatment
- Hot Tool Style: Includes shampoo and hot tool style with flat iron or curling iron
- Updo: Includes formal hairstyle (updo, braids, etc.), no shampoo included
- Facial Waxing: Includes waxing for eyebrow, lip, chin, or sideburns
Pay special attention to what each service includes because many of their offerings come with a free shampoo. At Fantastic Sams, your shampoo is referred to as the “FS shampoo experience.” It includes a 3-minute scalp massage to relax you during your visit.
Things to Consider
One important thing to note is that every Fantastic Sams haircut includes a shampoo. This is a nice freebie to throw in, as most salons charge extra for a shampoo or only include it with higher-priced haircut packages.
If you want a blow-dry with your shampoo and cut, you’ll need to spring for the Sam’s Cut Plus ($27). And for the complete shampoo, cut, blow-dry, and hot tool style, you’ll want to ask for the Sam’s Designer Cut ($32).
For a basic perm, the Quick & Easy perm ($58) will have you covered. If you’d like to add a haircut in with your perm, ask for the Sam’s Perm Plus ($68.50). Walk out of the salon with a new, curly style by getting the Designer perm ($87.50), which includes the perm, a haircut, and curling iron or roller styling.
Fantastic Sams offers a range of color and bleach options as well. All-over, single process hair color is around $61, while partial highlights are about $63. If you want full highlights throughout your hair, the price ranges from $76 to $86.
For weddings, proms, parties, dances, and other special events, you can’t beat the average updo price of $51 at Fantastic Sams. This includes any formal hairstyle, from complex braids to various updos.
Are Fantastic Sams Prices Affordable?
After looking at how different Fantastic Sams locations price their services, how do they stack up? We’ll compare their prices with the cost of comparable services at other franchise salons.
Haircut with Shampoo
- Fantastic Sams: $19
- Supercuts: $23
- Sport Clips: $22
- Great Clips: $19
- Fantastic Sams: $61
- Supercuts: $35-$50
- Sport Clips: N/A
- Great Clips: N/A
- Fantastic Sams: $58
- Supercuts: N/A
- Sport Clips: N/A
- Great Clips $30-$115
- Fantastic Sams: $11-$12
- Supercuts: $6-$10
- Sport Clips: N/A
- Great Clips: N/A
Overall, Fantastic Sams is in line with Great Clips for the best price for a haircut with shampoo. Their prices for colors are higher than those at Supercuts, but still well within the average price range.
Perm pricing at Fantastic Sams is very affordable, considering that only those with very short hair can get a $30 perm at Great Clips.
Waxes are a few dollars more at Fantastic Sams than at Supercuts. But keep in mind that these are Fantastic Sams’ average prices, so some locations will have lower or higher prices than what’s listed.
Take a closer look at the prices at other nationwide salon franchises with any of our guides:
Fantastic Sams offers a wide variety of hair services to their customers at comparably low prices in the industry. According to the pricing data we collected, we found it to be one of the most affordable salons with nationwide locations.
If you’re ready to find a salon to get a haircut, color, or style, use our Fantastic Sams Near You tool. Just enter your zip code to instantly see the closest location to you. As their motto says, “Your style awaits.”