Thinking about taking Folexin? This supplement is marketed as a natural solution for slow-growing, thinning, or damaged hair. But does it really work? We rounded up some real Folexin reviews to find out.
Disclaimer: We sourced information from what we consider trustworthy sources, but we are not doctors. Before taking any supplements, we highly suggest consulting your doctor. This piece is an objective summary of our interpretation of product data and user reviews.
Looking for Folexin Reviews?
If you have thinning, damaged, or naturally slow-growing hair, you’re probably sick of hearing about “miracle cures.” They never seem to work. And all the while, you’re still dealing with the effects of hair loss, breakage, and difficulty growing it out.
When I heard about Folexin (formerly Foligen), I wondered if it was just another of these so-called miracle cures for hair loss and slow growth. But a quick look into the supplement was actually very promising.
Overall Folexin Ratings
Across the reviews we found on Amazon (4.1 star average) and the Folexin website (4.8 star average), the average rating was 4.45 stars. Overall, this is a high rating that indicates most users are very satisfied or satisfied with the supplement and its results.
It’s important to keep in mind that this product is a supplement intended to give your body the vitamins, minerals, and ingredients it needs to support normal, healthy hair growth.
Folexin says it takes time for results to become apparent and specifies that it’s not a hair loss treatment or a miracle cure, and the reviews back this up. It’ll take some time to work, but when it does (and if you use the product as instructed), you’ll be shocked at the results.
Folexin Review: Quick Summary
Folexin makes one thing very clear: this is a natural supplement formulated to support overall hair health and growth, not an overnight fix.
I decided to do some intensive research of existing Folexin reviews, users’ before and after results, and ingredients in the supplement to see whether or not it’s actually proven to support faster growth and healthier hair.
In other words, does Folexin really work? Or is it a cleverly named and marketed supplement that does nothing more than help you meet daily nutrition requirements?
Since hair loss is a deeply personal subject, I wanted to explore this topic with the level of fact-finding examination it deserves. So, in this guide, we’ll be looking at:
- Verified scientific studies
- Honest Folexin reviews
- Clear before and after evidence
Armed with the above information, you’ll be one step closer to deciding whether or not it’s worth giving Folexin a try.
We’ll provide an unbiased review of Folexin, but that’s no substitute for the personalized expertise you’ll get from your physician. With that out of the way, let’s jump in!
What Is Folexin?
Folexin is a natural supplement made with vitamins, herb extracts, and minerals that are formulated to support hair growth and health. It’s available over the counter and is not a prescription medication.
People typically take Folexin to encourage more natural hair growth, slow thinning, and increase the overall health of hair. Folexin doesn’t outright claim to stop hair from thinning or make it grow faster.
But it does claim to:
- Help support overall hair health
- Support the natural process of hair growth
- Improve the visible quality of hair
- Supplement and nourish hair health
- Provide support for the hair’s natural growth process
- Improve hair growth quality
These claims are centered around the unique ingredients the supplement contains. Let’s take a look at what you’ll find in Folexin and whether or not these ingredients are proven to help hair grow faster, thicker, and healthier. Spoiler Alert: Folexin definitely works – it works VERY well.
Folexin Key Ingredients
The key ingredients in Folexin are all-natural. But are they backed by scientific studies to improve hair health or support the growth process? We’ve analyzed the main ingredients in this supplement and peer-reviewed scientific studies that show whether or not they’re effective.
Water-soluble folic acid is a synthesized version of folate, or vitamin B9. Both versions work the same way in the body. Folic acid is essential for healthy cell growth, so it makes sense that it would be a key ingredient in a supplement that supports hair growth and health.
Folic acid deficiencies (as well as biotin and B12 deficiencies) are linked to early graying and hair loss. People with a poor diet, malabsorptive disorders, and alcoholism have the biggest risk for being folate (or folic acid) deficient.
Some studies have suggested that folate or folic acid levels can affect the progression of Alopecia Areata (sudden hair loss, usually in circular patches).
Conclusion: Folic acid deficiencies are scientifically linked to (but not yet proven to cause) hair loss and premature graying. The logical conclusion is that increasing your folic acid levels results in hair growth and delayed graying. But more studies will need to be done to confirm this.
Biotin, or vitamin B7, is one of the water-soluble vitamins (it isn’t stored in fat). It’s essential in multiple bodily functions, including metabolism, cardiovascular functions, the digestion process, and nerve pathways.
Biotin works with sulfur in the body’s hair growth process, and it’s a common ingredient in hair, skin, and nail supplements. Double-blind studies have proven that biotin can increase the overall fullness, scalp coverage, and hair volume over a short period (90 days).
It has also been scientifically proven to combat poor hair and nail growth in patients that had an underlying condition such as brittle nail syndrome or inherited biotin deficiency. Biotin deficiency has been scientifically linked to hair loss.
Conclusion: Biotin is an ingredient that’s scientifically proven to be effective for hair growth and overall health.
Fo-ti extract is a unique ingredient in Folexin. Fo-ti is also known as Chinese climbing knotweed or he shou wu (meaning “The black-haired Mr. He”).
Fo-ti has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for centuries on ailments that range from hair loss and constipation to overall aging and graying of the hair.
It has been scientifically proven to “wake up” dormant hair follicles. This helps them begin producing hair again. In fact, one study found that fo-ti extract was as powerful as minoxidil (the key ingredient in Rogaine).
Conclusion: Research shows that this ingredient is proven to minimize the effects of hair loss by increasing hair growth and follicular activity.
Iron is a mineral that our bodies need to function. About 70% of the iron in our bodies is found in hemoglobin (red blood cells) and myoglobin (muscle cells).
It’s an important component of healthy hair growth because hemoglobin is responsible for carrying oxygen to the follicles in the scalp. Healthy blood flow to these follicles results in normal hair growth.
And a deficiency in iron can slow growth or cause the hair to begin thinning. Studies have shown that iron deficiency is related to multiple diseases and problems that cause hair loss and thinning, including:
- Telogen effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Androgenetic alopecia
- And diffuse hair loss
The relationship has been studied most in women, but it may apply to men as well.
Conclusion: Iron deficiencies have been proven to be correlated with hair loss, so it makes sense that correcting an iron deficiency could result in resumed normal hair growth.
Folexin vs Other Products
If you’re searching for hair loss supplements, you’ve likely heard of Viviscal and Nutrafol. At their core, these products are all mostly the same, barring a few extra ingredients. So why the price difference?
In our opinion, Folexin is so much cheaper because they do very little advertising. Nutrafol spends boatloads of money on Facebook and Google ads. And where do you think that money comes from?
You guessed it – marking up their supplements. Folexin doesn’t do much advertising, so they’re able to offer their product at a much more competitive price. When they save big, you save big – simple as that.
Folexin Reviews: What Real Users Are Saying
Now that we’ve looked at the key ingredients in Folexin, let’s see how they’re actually working for people who have used the product.
Remember: These reviews come from individuals who claim to have purchased and used the supplement according to the directions.
But we can’t be sure that they’ve followed the dosage recommendations or taken it for the recommended duration of time.
Regardless, it’s still helpful to see how users feel Folexin is working for them.
Overall, Folexin has a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on Amazon. This is not a complete picture of how users feel about the product because there are currently less than 500 reviews on Amazon.
This supplement is available on the manufacturer’s website, where it has an overall 4.8 out of 5 star rating. Here’s what real users are saying about Folexin: The good, the bad, and the ugly.
5 Star Folexin Reviews
These reviews are from customers who loved the supplement and found it extremely effective.
“I was very hesitant about ordering this product but after reading many positive reviews, I decided to go for it. I’m so glad I did because Folexin has absolutely worked for me! It took almost a month to start seeing the results, but it does what it claims. My hair has definitely gotten stronger and thicker. The shower drain is almost completely free of hair now! Folexin has taken away my fear of losing my hair prematurely. I just ordered my second bottle!!” -Nakaman (Amazon review)
“I have been using Rogaine for 15 years. It seems to have slowed the balding process but there really wasn’t that much new growth. I have been taking Folexin for almost 2 months. My hair looks and feels healthier and I have new growth that I can actually see coming in. I am very pleased with the results.” -David Hoffman (Amazon review)
“I can tell you that Folexin really does work. My hair has got back its volume and it’s not as dry anymore. I used to take biotin separately however it hardly had any impact. Folexin was recommended by a friend and after using, I’m also convinced.” -Jillian (Folexin website review)
“I waited until I took a whole bottle of this based on other reviews and company recommendations. This is not a quick fix so don’t go in expecting it to be. I have tried just about everything for the last 2 decades as I have watched my hair thin. As a woman, or a man this can be devastating. I am cautiously optimistic after 4 weeks of folexin that I finally have hope for some regrowth and restoration. I can for sure tell that my hair has stopped falling out and today I am seeing new growth around my hairline. I have ordered more.” -Lee Anne Lowe (Amazon review)
What are the pros to taking Folexin? Here’s a quick look at the positives. The most common positive remarks in Folexin reviews included:
- The supplement was effective for hair growth
- The supplement was effective for reversing hair loss
- Increased hair volume and moisture
- Worked better than taking standalone vitamins
Most of the positive reviews for Folexin came from users who claim to have used the supplement as directed for anywhere from a few weeks to a year or more. These reviews state that results began to be noticeable around the 1-month mark, so keep this in mind if you decide to try Folexin.
Folexin has the following benefits, which we consider pros:
- Natural ingredients: Folexin is made with natural ingredients that are safe and often found in foods and supplements. Its key ingredients include biotin, iron, fo-ti extract, and folic acid. Even the inactive ingredients are natural, including cellulose (a complex carbohydrate fiber from plants) and rice flour.
- Affordable: While it’s pricey compared to some vitamins or basic supplements, it’s very affordable in terms of hair loss supplements. It can be as low as $18/bottle when you buy direct from Folexin’s website and choose the Buy 4, Get 1 Free bundle.
- Suitable for men and women: While some supplements and medications that are intended to treat hair loss or support hair health are formulated for one sex only, Folexin is suitable for both men and women.
- No topical application: Other supplements and medications for hair health and growth require you to apply a cream topically to the scalp, which can be time-consuming and difficult for anyone with longer hair. This supplement is taken in capsule form twice a day, so it’s much more convenient than topical application.
- Ingredients backed by science: As you read above, the key ingredients in Folexin have been proven to support hair growth, reactivate dormant follicles, increase blood flow to the scalp, and help reverse hair loss from vitamin or iron deficiencies.
- Contains essential vitamins and nutrients: The Folexin formula includes many of the vitamins and nutrients the body needs. It contains at least 100% of the recommended daily value of vitamins C, D3, B1, B6, folate, B12, biotin, B5, and manganese. It will also get you close to your recommended daily values for iron (81%), vitamin E (93%), and zinc (64%).
Overall, Folexin has lots of positive reviews that back up its effectiveness. The ingredients are supported by scientific evidence and proof. And the ease of use, formulation suitable for men and women, and affordable price are all checked off in the pro column, too.
This is an honest review, so we’re not going to ignore the disadvantages or cons associated with Folexin. Here are the biggest cons we’ve noticed.
The most common negative remarks in Folexin reviews included:
- The supplement didn’t appear to have an effect
- Unexpected gastrointestinal side effects
- Large pill size recommended to be taken twice a day
We did note that some of the negative reviews about Folexin indicated that the user didn’t use the supplement for very long – some mentioned they’d been taking it for as little as one week.
But there are also negative reviews from users that claim to have used the supplement for 2-6 months with no noticeable results. So it’s fair to say that Folexin doesn’t appear to work for everyone.
The main cons to taking Folexin include:
- Doesn’t work for everyone: While there’s no way of knowing the diet, dosage, and other factors that can affect how Folexin will work for someone, reviews do indicate that the supplement wasn’t effective for everyone. A few people claimed to have taken it for months with no results.
- No returns of opened bottles: Once you open a bottle of Folexin, you cannot return it for a refund. The company does accept returns of unopened bottles, but if you just got one bottle to try, that won’t help.
- Must be taken in capsule form: If you have trouble swallowing a capsule, this may not be the supplement for you. Some users said the capsule size is large. Folexin’s website recommends that users not take the capsule apart to sprinkle the powder into food or drink because of the taste.
- Contains allergens: Folexin contains a few common allergens, with the main being soy. It’s manufactured in a facility that also processes common allergens like shellfish, tree nuts, eggs, peanuts, wheat, and milk. Keep this in mind if you have allergies or are sensitive to any of these products.
- Not FDA approved: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not certify dietary supplements like Folexin, so if you were hoping for FDA approval for this product, that’s a con. However, the manufacturing facility is FDA registered and follows GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) guidelines.
- Imported ingredients: While Folexin is manufactured in the U.S. and does include some domestic ingredients, some ingredients are imported from other countries. All ingredients are subject to stringent quality controls once they arrive at the manufacturing facility, though.
Overall, Folexin’s cons include that it isn’t effective for everyone, may contain allergens and imported ingredients, and can’t be returned for a refund once the bottle has been opened.
Folexin Reviews: Worth the Hype?
With the pros and cons fresh in mind, should you take Folexin? The right choice for you will depend on your current health and physician recommendations. But if you’re in good health and have noticed thinning, flat, or slow-growing hair, we say yes! It’s a great supplement to add to your diet.
If you have any health issues that may be contributing to your hair loss or growth problems, check with your doctor before taking a product like this.
There may be an underlying condition that needs to be treated before you begin taking a supplement. If you have any type of allergy, this might not be a good fit for you, as it contains soy (a common allergen) and is manufactured in a facility that processes other common allergens.
When it comes down to it, hair loss and slowed growth is a frustrating problem for men and women all over the world. In many cases, the solution is as simple as this all-natural, affordable supplement formulated with ingredients that are proven to be effective.
In our review, we found that the pros outweigh the cons with Folexin. But, to be on the safe site, use common sense and check with your healthcare provider before you start taking it.
That said, we love Folexin because of its price, ingredients, and overall positive reviews. If you’re searching for a hair loss product that works, Folexin is one of the best options on the market. Want to try it out? Click the button above to claim our exclusive discount and start growing thicker hair today.