If you’ve had your eye on a Beachwaver rotating curling iron or best-selling purple shampoo but wanted to vet the brand first, you’re in the right place.
We’re digging deep to show you real Beachwaver reviews from customers across the nation who’ve tried their products and shared their honest experiences.
Before you buy from Beachwaver, you’ve got questions you want answered:
- Does Beachwaver make good products, have responsive customer service, and offer prices within your budget?
- What are some of the pros and cons you can expect?
- Are their products worth buying?
Take a look at our in-depth roundup of Beachwaver reviews to find out.
The Beachwaver Co. is a hair tool and accessory company founded by Sarah Potempa and her 2 sisters, Erin and Emily, back in 2010.
The company is focused on making high-quality, luxe hair tools (like their best-selling rotating curling irons) and responsible, cruelty-free hair care without harsh chemicals. So far, so good!
Patented rotating curling irons are the most popular product from Beachwaver, but they also make flat and waving irons, hair dryers, hair care products, styling products, fragrances, and accessories.
Their most popular products regularly sell out, though they’re always quickly restocked. We take this as a good sign that Beachwaver customers are loving the stuff they purchase.
Several of their products have won awards from prestige beauty publications like Allure, including Best Curling Iron, Best Shampoo, and Best Conditioner. If you’re looking for an official seal of quality, the Allure stamp of approval is a big deal.
Beachwaver is known for teaming up for collabs with well-known brands like Victoria’s Secret, Tarte, and the World Surf League.
With so much industry cred and awards under their belt, Beachwaver is clearly worth paying attention to. But is it actually as good as it seems on the surface? Let’s dig a little deeper by looking at the pros and cons.
Beachwaver’s Main Products
- Excellent quality tools
- Extremely easy to use
- Luxe tools at an affordable price
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- Limited editions fly off the shelves
- Some items can't be returned
Beachwaver’s best-selling products seem to be a major hit with customers. Here’s a look at the features and specifications for the most popular products they sell.
- B1 Rotating Curling Iron: Ceramic barrel heats up to 410F with an 8’ swivel cord, 3 heat settings, and 1” barrel width; works best on short to medium hair with a fine to medium texture
- S-Series Rotating Curling Iron: Ceramic barrel heats up to 410F with an 8’ swivel cord and 5.5” barrel for curls on most textures; available in dual voltage for traveling and 0.75”, 1”, and 1.25” barrel widths, and works best on short to medium hair with a fine to medium texture
- Pro Rotating Curling Iron: Gold-infused ceramic barrel heats up to 450F with a 9’ swivel cord and 6.5” barrel for durable curls on any texture and length; available in 1” and 1.25” barrel widths and works well on hair lengths and textures
- Coast Pro Flat Iron: Smooths and straightens with 1” tourmaline ceramic plates that create a smoother finish. The iron heats from 265ºF to 450ºF for hair types from damaged or fine to coarse. It’s also dual voltage (110v-240v) for international travel
- Clamp & Curl Dual Iron: Offers uniform 395ºF heat with a 1” ceramic barrel for shine and less heat damage. Use it as a flat iron or curling iron with a smooth beveled edge. It’s also dual voltage for travel, and works best on fine to medium hair textures
- Pro Dry Pink Sunset Hair Dryer: Features ion technology for a smoother finish and less heat damage, an adjustable temperature and windspeed scroll, cool shot button, and a detachable precision nozzle
These are just the tools Beachwaver makes. There are also many hair care products available, including several types of shampoo and conditioner (including purple, damage-repairing, and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner), dry shampoo, and heat protectant hair spray.
All of these products are rated anywhere from 4.5 to 5 stars from customers. You’ll also find a range of accessories both for Beachwaver tools (like the curling iron storage pouches) and your hair (including headbands, hats, sunglasses, brushes, and clips).
Fragrances that match their hair care products are available in highly-rated scents like Polynesian Pink Sugar, Bondi Beach Day, and Bali Beach Night.
With so many products available on the Beachwaver website, there’s a lot to take in. Let’s back up a bit for an overview of the pros and cons according to Beachwaver reviews.
Beachwaver Pros and Cons
We’ve analyzed real Beachwaver reviews (which we’ll share in just a bit) to find out what real customers see as the pros and cons of using Beachwaver products and tools. Here’s the skinny on where Beachwaver really rocks – and where they may fall short.
We found that customers have a LOT of great things to say about Beachwaver. Their reviews are overwhelmingly positive across the board, so that makes sense. Here’s what we saw customers getting really excited about.
- Excellent quality tools and products. Reviews for the rotating curling irons, flat iron, waver, hair dryer, and dual Clamp & Curl iron are excellent with 5 stars on average. Users really like the design, durability, damage protection, and results they get from Beachwaver tools. We noted many customers who said they won’t use another brand after trying Beachwaver. This indicates top-notch products that will last for a long time.
- Easy-to-use tools. Even if you’re not a curling pro, Beachwaver has designed their products to be fool-proof and easy to use. The rotating curling iron is probably the easiest tool in their lineup, and it does all the work for you. Set the temperature, clamp a section of hair in the patented bottom clamp, choose the curl direction (L or R), and let it automatically curl your hair.
- Luxe tools and products at a mid-level price. Beachwaver offers high-end hair tools and hair care products that rival salon and luxe brands, but at a much lower price. By selling direct to customers and only through Authorized Retailers like Ulta and B. Bungalow, Beachwaver passes on the savings to you.
- Earn Beach Club rewards. Beachwaver offers rewards for repeat customers to earn discounts, early access to product launches, and freebies. You get 1 point for every dollar spent, 50 points for signing up for emails, and 100 points on your birthday. Every 100 points earns you a $10 off coupon. You can also send your friends and family a $10 off coupon to earn one for yourself.
- 1-year warranty and responsive customer service. Customers report that Beachwaver’s customer team gives super-fast responses and is always willing to help solve an issue, tweak a subscription, or process a return. A one-year warranty is included with every Beachwaver tool purchase so you can be confident in the product. We give them bonus points because so many reviewers praised the customer support team for being extra friendly!
- Lots of collabs, limited editions, and new products. Beachwaver is always collaborating with a new brand, launching new products, and coming out with limited edition versions of their best-selling tools. If you’re a collector or constantly on the hunt for new collabs and editions, you’ll love the variety you find at Beachwaver.
- No nasties, vegan, and cruelty-free. Beachwaver hair care products are made with zero harsh chemicals and additives that may be harmful. Every Beachwaver hair care product is free from parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, petrolatum, benzophenone, and phthalates. They’re also 100% vegan and cruelty-free with no animal products or derivatives and never, ever tested on animals.
- Eco-friendly. Beachwaver is serious about leaving out chemicals and additives that may be harmful to you or the environment. Their bottles are made with plastic that is 100% recyclable so you can ensure they never end up in a landfill. Plus, they regularly offer Certified Open Box Irons with small cosmetic imperfections at a discounted price with a 1-year warranty. This keeps useful tools that may look a little less than perfect out of the landfill, too.
- Products can be shipped anywhere. Beachwaver offers standard, premium, and expedited shipping to all 50 states. International orders can be shipped as well (but may take a little longer to arrive). Sign up for Beachwaver texts to earn free shipping, or check the site periodically to find one of their free shipping promos running.
- Subscribe to your favorite hair care products. If you like Amazon’s Subscribe and Save program, you’ll appreciate Beachwaver’s subscription program for hair care products. Earn a 10% discount on hair care products you subscribe to and have them auto-delivered every 1, 2, or 3 months. You can cancel anytime.
No brand is perfect, right? We looked for negative Beachwaver reviews to see where this company falls short and what people complain about the most. Surprisingly, there are very few negative reviews for Beachwaver products. We took the few we could find and compiled their insight below.
- Free shipping promos don’t apply in HI and AK. Hawaii and Alaska are not included in the regular free shipping promos Beachwaver runs, which can be a real bummer if you’re located in either of these states. You can still order from Beachwaver and use other discounts and promos, but you’ll have to pay for standard shipping.
- Some items can’t be returned. If you happen to be unhappy with your Beachwaver purchase, you can usually return it for a full refund. Some products are not eligible for returns, however. This includes final sale, flash sale, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Deep Dive items, hair brushes, hats, combs, and Certified Open Box irons. Any item that is 30% or more is not eligible for a return.
- Limited editions fly off the shelves. If you’re planning to collect Beachwaver’s different limited edition tools and accessories, you’ve got to be quick. These limited edition launches are produced in smaller amounts and tend to sell out quickly. On a positive note, they’re often offered at a discount so if you score one, you’ll get a great price.
Beachwaver Pricing (As of 6/28/22)
With these pros and cons in mind, you’ll also want to check out Beachwaver pricing to find out if this company offers products that fit your budget.
Here’s a look at the most current Beachwaver pricing and product list to help you determine if it’s going to be a good fit for you.
Beachwaver Rotating Curling Irons
Beachwaver’s rotating curling irons are their best sellers and most-loved products by customers. The easy one-touch rotation makes curling easier, so beauty novices and pros alike are big fans of the Beachwaver rotating curling irons.
Beachwaver offers 3 basic options for different budgets and hair types. Here’s a brief overview.
- The B-series come with a 1” barrel, 3 heat settings up to 410F, and an 8’ swivel cord. This is the lowest-priced iron from Beachwaver, and works best for fine to medium textures and short to medium length.
- The S-series come in a 0.75”, 1”, or 1.25” barrel for different curl sizes, auto and manual rotation, temperature controls up to 410F, and an 8’ swivel cord. This is the mid-level curling iron and it works best on fine to medium texture with short to medium length.
- The Pro series have a longer barrel length (6.5”), come in 1” or 1.25” barrel widths for different curl sizes, feature auto and manual rotation, digital temperature controls up to 450F, a 9’ swivel cord, and a gold-infused ceramic barrel. This professional curling iron works on all hair types, lengths, and textures.
Here’s how much the different Beachwaver rotating curling irons cost. You can score special deals and promos through the site’s regular sales, or by earning rewards points on purchases. You can also purchase a Certified Open Box curling iron for a deeply discounted price.
|B-Series Rotating Curling Iron||$99 to $119|
|S-Series Rotating Curling Iron||$149|
|Pro Rotating Curling Iron||$229|
Beachwaver Hair Dryers and Hot Tools
Beyond the best-selling rotating curling irons, Beachwaver also sells a few high-end hair tools for surprisingly affordable prices. They offer an excellently rated flat iron, 2-in-1 flat iron and curling iron, and hair dryer.
We found that the prices on these tools are considerably cheaper than comparable brands like Chi, Drybar, and Hot Tools. Here’s how much they cost.
|Coast Pro Midnight Rose Flat Iron||$99|
|Clamp & Curl Midnight Rose Dual Flat and Curling Iron||$59|
|3B Waver Midnight Rose||$99|
|Pro Dry Pink Sunset Hair Dryer||$149|
Beachwaver Hair Care
Beachwaver hair care pricing is in line with and sometimes cheaper than salon brands like Redken, Joico, and Biolage. Beachwaver has an edge over these slightly more-expensive salon hair products because their products are 100% free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, petrolatum, and benzophenone.
Beachwaver products are also certified cruelty-free and vegan, which can be hard to find at an affordable price. With a subscription, you can get most of Beachwaver’s hair products for roughly $12 to $18.
Here’s a look at how much Beachwaver’s hair products cost when you purchase or subscribe for monthly, bimonthly, or trimonthly deliveries.
|Product||Subscribe Price||One Time Purchase|
|BRB Blonde Purple Shampoo||$17.64||$28|
|BRB Blonde Purple Conditioner||$17.64||$28|
|Good Vibes Moisturizing Shampoo||$12.6||$20|
|Good Vibes Moisturizing Conditioner||$12.6||$20|
|Charcoal Shampoo Bar||$11.34||$12.6|
|Stay Strong Reparative Shampoo||$12.6||$20|
|Stay Strong Reparative Conditioner||$12.6||$20|
|Be Strong Pre-Shampoo Reparative Foam||$12.6||$20|
|Second Chance Dry Shampoo||$16.38||$26|
|Great Barrier Heat Protectant Hair Spray||$17.64||$28|
Beachwaver Fragrances and Accessories
Beachwaver constantly releases new accessories to match their limited edition irons and design series, so the selection on the website changes frequently.
Instead of listing products, we’ll show you the average price range for different product types in the Accessories section of the Beachwaver website.
|Curling Iron Storage Bag||$15-$22|
|Hats, Scarves, and Sunglasses||$6-$12|
|Headbands and Bows||$12-$14|
Verified Beachwaver Reviews
Pros and cons, product lists, and pricing info are great, but they may not tell the full story. Let’s take a look at verified Beachwaver reviews to see how customers actually view this company and the products they purchase from them.
Spoiler alert: Customers love Beachwaver products. Every single Beachwaver product we analyzed had a minimum average star rating of 4.5, but most were 4.8 to 5 stars with hundreds of reviews on each item. This indicates a seriously satisfied customer base and high-quality products that do exactly what they’re advertised to do.
“This Pro 1.25 is my second Beachwaver, with the longer, thicker barrel option I had to get it. I don’t even care about the spin function, this is the ONLY tool that curls my hair AND my hair holds the curl. I even get compliments on day 3 hair. That’s why it’s magic, I don’t know why it works this way but I’m sold for life.” -5 stars from Mel, verified customer
“This is my second Beachwaver and I’m obsessed! I love how fast I can curl my hair and the volume I get from the curls. You will not be disappointed!” -5 stars from Jae, verified customer
“One of my favorite curling irons. Heats up super fast and the curl holds throughout the day. Such an amazing and easy wand to use.” -5 stars from Alicia A., verified customer
“I absolutely love my Beachwaver. My hair looks like it was professionally styled and It takes me 10 -15 mins to do it at home. I get so many compliments; people always ask “did you just get your hair done! It looks beautiful.” I tell everyone that the Beachwaver is the best styling iron I ever had and well worth its price. I highly recommend to everyone, they should invest in one. Say goodbye to professional blowouts! I stand behind your product.” –5 stars from Eileen C., verified customer
“Easy voluminous waves! My S1.25 is my FAVORITE Beachwaver if I want soft, voluminous beach waves!!! Use this Beachwaver for amazing volume in your hair! LOVE it!!” -5 stars from Chelsea S., verified customer
“I was very impressed with the curls it gave my long hair! It was so easy to use and I love that it rotates! My hand and arm didn’t have any pain. As I get better with using it, it will take me less time. This product will totally give me options to change my hair styles for a few days a week! Also, the color is so pretty!” -5 stars from Michelle F., verified customer
“I love the S1.25 as it gives me such natural beach waves! It’s so easy to use, doesn’t take me more than 10 mins., and is so helpful for those early mornings!” -5 stars from Anshika W., verified customer
“In LOVE! The B1 is one of my fave tools and this color combo is SO CUTE!!!” -5 stars from Amy, verified customer
“I recently grew out my hair and this iron gives me the most elegant soft waves. It also curls my hair so much faster than a traditional iron! This is a must-have!” -5 stars from Arianna C., verified customer
“I love this curler, I am bad at doing curls. This is my go to, I can literally get ready in less than 20 minutes along with my light makeup and everything. Thank you.” -5 stars from Ana, verified customer
“I love all my 1.25 beachwavers but this particular beachwaver has been my favorite one to use. It’s so lightweight and curls my hair so fast. It’s so easy to use and literally takes me 10 minutes to get perfect curls!” -5 stars from Alvina C., verified customer
With hundreds of positive reviews on every single Beachwaver product, we feel comfortable saying this is a quality brand that is trustworthy to buy from.
In fact, we’ve never seen such positive reviews for hair tools. Curling irons, flat irons, and hair dryers are prone to getting negative reviews from people with incompatible hair types or who use the tool improperly. For Beachwaver customers to have such positive experiences with the company and their products across the board, it’s a great indicator of top-notch quality.
More Things to Consider Before You Buy
We’ve got a few more tips and considerations for you to look over before you buy from Beachwaver. Here’s what you need to know as a first-time customer.
- Get free shipping by signing up for texts. While Beachwaver doesn’t offer free shipping all the time, you can unlock free shipping for your upcoming orders when you sign up for text notifications.
- Save 10% on hair care products by subscribing. Beachwaver offers a 10% off discount on their hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, hair spray, etc.) when you subscribe. You can choose to get your products delivered on a 1, 2, or 3 month frequency to get this additional discount.
- Register for Beachwaver rewards. Sign up with your email address to register and start earning Beachwaver rewards on every purchase. You can earn points on all purchases, including tools, hair care, and accessories. Every dollar you spend equals one point, and 100 points earns you $10 off your next purchase. Get an extra 50 points by registering your email address and a bonus 100 points ($10 off) for referring a friend and on your birthday.
- Shop for Certified Open Box curling irons. You can save even more by being on the lookout for Beachwaver’s Certified Open Box curling irons. These tools are discounted deeply, usually to reflect a minor cosmetic issue from manufacturing. They’re not always available, so you’ll need to check the site frequently to score one. You get a 1-year warranty when you buy COB irons from Beachwaver.
- Buy the right curling iron for your hair. Beachwaver makes rotating curling irons in barrel widths from 0.75” to 1.25”, depending on how tight or loose you want your curls or beach waves. Their longest barrel length is 6.5” (on the Pro models) and that’s the best choice for long or thick hair. The shorter 5.5” barrel lengths (on the B- and S-series) are suitable for short, medium, or thin to average hair density. Since the B- and S-series irons don’t heat past 410F, we recommend them for fine to medium hair textures (not coarse, which the Pro is best for).
- Excellent quality tools
- Extremely easy to use
- Luxe tools at an affordable price
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- Limited editions fly off the shelves
- Some items can't be returned
So, Do Beachwaver Reviews Indicate It’s a Good Brand?
Beachwaver’s rotating curling irons are the star of the show here, with hundreds of customers raving about the durable, shiny curls they get from these products. Since Beachwaver offers products at different price points, there’s a Beachwaver tool for every budget.
After scanning and compiling Beachwaver reviews, we found that customers really appreciate the design and easy use of the rotating curling irons. They’re beginner-friendly but extremely effective for professional or expert use as well.
If you’re in the market for a new curling iron, responsible vegan hair care with no nasties (sulfates, parabens, phthalates, etc.), or durable hot tools that smooth, curl, dry, and wave your hair in minutes without damaging it, Beachwaver is the brand for you.
We found very few negative Beachwaver reviews or customer complaints, and we think it’s due to the company’s highly-rated customer service and high-quality products that rarely have issues.
If a customer does have an issue with a product, they can easily return it for a refund, get a replacement, or use the included 1-year warranty to resolve the issue. And customers say Beachwaver’s customer service is very helpful and friendly – always a bonus!
With so many overwhelmingly positive reviews and products to choose from, we feel totally comfortable recommending Beachwaver. Get beachy waves, bouncy curls, or sleek smooth hair with Beachwaver products. We think you’ll be leaving a 5-star review of your own soon!