People come in all shapes, sizes, and colors – including hair colors. Red hair is a particularly interesting hair color that doesn’t occur naturally in many people. But those who do have it are blessed with gorgeous shades of red, orange, and ginger that many others envy.
Showing off red hair, whether it’s natural or artificial, means coming up with a great caption. Today, we’ll give you several red hair captions for Instagram to help describe your stunning shade.
The Genetics of Red Hair
The color of a person’s hair has to do with melanocytes, which are the melanin-forming cells in the skin. These cells not only determine someone’s skin tone, but they also decide what color hair they will have.
Those with red hair have a genetic mutation within the melanocortin 1 receptor. In certain genetic situations, this receptor produces an increased amount of pheomelanin, which results in red shades of hair.
These genes are passed down from parents to children, so the only way you can end up with red hair is if your parents either have red hair or carry the recessive gene for it.
Of course, many people choose to display red hair thanks to cosmetic dyes.
Clever Red Hair Captions for Instagram
Some might say that your selfie is only as good as its caption (and good light, of course). If you need help with red hair captions for Instagram, keep reading.
Captions for Natural Redheads
Anyone can dye their hair red, but natural redheads are indeed a rare breed. Use one of these fun captions if you have naturally red hair:
- Blondes might get noticed, but redheads are never forgotten.
- You might call me ginger, I say I’m the spice of life.
- Caution: Natural redhead. Do not place under direct sunlight.
- Anything is possible with strong coffee, dark mascara, and red hair.
- Always trust the lady with red hair.
- The red in my hair matches the fire in my soul.
- Embrace your natural beauty.
- Keep calm and love a redhead.
- No one loves like a red-haired woman.
- Red is bold, passionate, fun, and a little bit dangerous.
Funny Instagram Captions for Red Hair
Some people make jokes about redheads. Get one step ahead of them by poking fun at your red hair yourself:
- Having red hair means looking like an erupting volcano.
- Never piss off a redhead; we don’t know how to stay calm.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- Boys might prefer blondes, but it takes a real man to handle a redhead.
- Redhead haters are just mad that my hair comes from the rainbow and theirs comes from the dirt.
- Mankind may have come from apes, but redheads are descendants of cats.
- Don’t ask me if the carpet matches the drapes.
- I’m only quiet because my hair speaks volumes for me.
- A blonde, a brunette, and a redhead walk into a bar…
- It takes zero ginger people to change the lightbulb because redheads prefer to stay in the dark.
Instagram Captions for Dyed Red Hair
There’s nothing wrong with dying your hair red! Use one of these fun captions to show off your new do:
- My husband told me he wanted to be with a redhead, so I dyed my hair.
- I’m a redhead for life now; I’ll never go back to brown.
- I decided to soak my hair in the blood of my enemies.
- Life is short – grab the red hair dye.
- What was that? I couldn’t hear you over the loudness of my new red hair.
- Roses are red, apples are too, and so’s my new hairdo!
- I heard that it’s actually redheads who have more fun. Let’s find out!
- Fire engine red? Don’t mind if I do!
- When life gets you down, dye your hair red.
- What’s bolder than a red lip? Red hair, of course.
- Left my soul at the salon.
Quotes About Red Hair
Sometimes the best Instagram caption is a well-placed quote. Try using one of the quotes about redheads:
- “I love being a redhead. It’s a rare thing, so I think there’s a bond between redheads.” – Laura Prepon
- “Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.” – Lucille Ball
- “You’d find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair. People who haven’t red hair don’t know what trouble is.” – Anne of Green Gables
- “Redheads are like other women… only more so.” – Playboy Magazine
- “Red hair is caused by sugar and lust.” – Tom Robbins
- “You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you’ll never get any sleep with a redhead.” – Jamie Luner
- “Your beauty is beyond compare, with flaming locks of auburn hair.” -Dolly Parton
- “Red hair, sir, in my opinion, is dangerous.” – P.G. Wodehouse
- “Red hair is great. It’s rare and therefore superior.” – Augusten Burroughs
- “This girl is on fire.” – Alicia Keys
- “Redhead walking, don’t get close, she’ll warn you with her growl.” – REM
- “Fell in love with a girl, red hair with a curl.” – The White Stripes
You Might Also Like:
- Why Are Redheads Called Gingers in 2023?
- How to Stop Red Hair From Bleeding
- Can I Dye My Red Hair Without Bleaching It?
- The 7 Best Shampoos for Red Hair in 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about red hair? Check out some of our frequently asked questions to learn more.
How many people have naturally red hair?
Most people in the world have brown or black hair. A small percentage have blonde hair, while just one to two percent of people have red hair.
Does everyone with red hair have freckles?
Not everyone with red hair is guaranteed to have freckles, but people with red hair and fair skin are most likely to have them. Freckles can be either genetic or caused by sun exposure. Genetic freckles tend to show up during childhood and can become more prevalent with age and time spent in the sun. They’re usually red, dark brown, or light brown.
Do Irish people always have red hair?
Ireland is home to the most natural redheads per capita in the world. However, not every Irish person has red hair. About 10 to 30 percent of Irish people have red hair. Although that’s a lot compared to the rest of the world, it’s merely a stereotype that all Irish people are redheads.
Can African Americans have naturally red hair?
Most black people are born with dark-colored hair. However, in very rare circumstances, a black person can have red hair. Red hair on black people is usually a result of Albinism or mixed lineage. But as long as one parent carries the MCR1 gene, a black child can have red hair.
What are the chances of having red hair and green eyes?
The combination of red hair and green eyes is extremely rare. Even if family members have red hair and green eyes, the complete combination can skip generations. While it’s not impossible, both genetic traits are recessive, making them uncommon. However, having red hair and blue eyes is even rarer than the above combination.
Which Red Hair Caption for Instagram Will You Pick?
The famous saying dictates that blondes have more fun. Even if that’s true, redheads are a rarity and can certainly celebrate their uniqueness with a clever, catchy Instagram caption. Use one of the red hair captions for Instagram listed above to spice up your fiery post.